There are plenty of websites that cover news and reviews similar to CultureDent.com. We are tired of how things work, and we plan to change it. We have been attempting different strategies for a while, but now we know what we are going to do, and we are either going to crash and burn and always sit as a small fansite, or we will rise like a phoenix with your help.
This is what the team at CultureDent has decided; we are tired of content being locked behind logins, hidden behind Patreon tiers, surrounded by intrusive advertising, and pushing for as many clicks as possible. So, we have a list of things we are doing right now and will start soon. You decide if you want to support us on this journey. Because I like to put things in nice lists, I’m going to bullet-point what you can expect from CultureDent, and I would appreciate your consideration in supporting us in the future. Give us time to prove our worth, and if we do it, back us up.
- No advertising ever. Full stop. We did it once, never again.
- Support comes from clearly marked affiliate links and Patreon support.
- All lists are one page. Top 10 or Top 100 will all fit on one page—no extra clicks.
- News is news—no editorializing. You get the facts and move on.
- Our podcasts could potentially have sponsors, but they will not be within the podcasts. They will be at the start or the end, and we won’t bend on that policy. With enough Patreon support, we likely won’t go beyond that.
- Patreon support is one tier at $1 USD. You support us, and we read out your name in our non-written media (Podcasts, etc.).
- Reviews are on a scale from 1-10, not 7-10. If a game is average, it gets an average score of 4-6. If a game is good, it’ll be a 7-8; great will be 9-10. We know how numbers work. You know how numbers work. You’ll get a clear indication based on the score and can read the rest of the article for more info.
- All of our PR contacts already know that we will not agree to any specific scores. We will only follow NDAs. Our reviews will be as objective as possible, given that the reviews are subjective.
- We love feedback and will listen to the community. Something on the site making it hard to navigate? Let us know, and we will try to fix it.
That’s a good start. This is who we are. I’m prepared to continue to support the site on my own if I must because I believe this is what people want; if you agree and want to support us, head over to Patreon and become one of the Uncultured masses.